I've been quite crafty so far this week. I am mostly trying to put together things for Sully's one year photos that I'll take NEXT month. I added the number 1 with fabric I had on hand to a plain white t-shirt I got at Target on sale for $1.25. I also want to make him a pair of pants with the fabric. I think it will be adorable on him.
I wanted the edges of the fabric to fray for a more distressed look so I sewed a little bit away from the edge.
Haha I made this felt number one. Its about 12 inches tall. Sully already wants to get his hands on this one, pun intended :). I am also making various kinds of garland to hang and a wooden sign. Both are in progress right now but I'll post pictures of the finished product. By the way would anyone ever want to see tutorials on how I do some of this stuff? Let me know!
I also found a bunch of cute free printables to hang in frames around the house. This one is from here. I also have this one too. I got the frame at Michael's for $4.99 and it fits an 8x10 print. Pretty good price for art!
Now for a few randoms:
- Tonight after dinner we went to the DQ as my family calls it. I got a mini oreo blizzard. It was delicious!
Sully and papa tonight having fun outside at DQ :)
- I have given Sully an extra week to recover from his cold before we attempt the Mom's On Call Sleep training again. I am dreading it already.
- I ate this kale salad two days in a row. I love it!
- Sully has started to stand up in the middle of the room now and sometimes walks while holding just one of my hands.
- My aunt bought me the most delicious smelling and luxurious feeling sugar scrub at Wholefoods last weekend in Baltimore. I am really obsessed with it, and will be sad to see it get used up.
- Any suggestions on natural lotions for babies? I think Sullivan has super sensitive skin, he broke out in a rash when I put a little Burts Bees buttermilk bath soak in the tub. I am looking for something with few ingredients, even just oils I can put on him after his bath. So throw your favorites my way please!
Well I think that's enough random thoughts for one day!