Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

California here we come

Last night I Had to laugh because though we will only be in California for five nights, the large suitcase I packed for Sullivan and I was stuffed, really truly overly stuffed. I am not sure that bag has ever been so full. Of course I have to take responsibility for taking up most of the space, but in the bag there is a special section that has fifteen or so neatly folded t-shirts,several onesies, 6 pairs of shorts, two little pairs of board shorts, little jeans, a pair of tiny grey TOMS, and 3 little sweatpants. I'm probably forgetting to mention a couple of Sullivan's things. Did I over do it? Maybe, but one thing I've learned is that it's better to be over prepared than under. And honestly, I love these moments of clarity. Yes, even when packing a bag like I've done a thousand times before only to be reminded as I struggled to zip it up, that this time is special because I have a baby boy to consider and this will be his first trip to a place that holds a special place in my heart. A place where Arty and I were married with our toes in the sand and a salty breeze in our hair. A true piece of heaven in my eyes and I can't wait to share "our place" with him.

~megan

1 comment:

  1. aw I love that spot!! I remember when you moved out there for the first time and you were instantly "at home." I also remember that amazing donut shop, but thats a different story... hahah. I'm so glad little Sully is going to have a chance to see it with you guys, and I cant wait for an adorable family picture.

    ReplyDelete