Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

First rude encounter because I'm a mom

Picture this, you are at ihop during a road trip sitting at a booth and your baby is squealing with delight in a highchair playing with a rattle. And then a older lady behind you at the next table leans in so close you feel her breath on your cheek and says "can you take the rattle away from her? See how good she is when you talk to her?"

Yes this just happened! I old her that he was a boy first, then I said no but you can move tables. Followed by me telling her to please turn around about six times because her face was this close to mine and meanwhile sully's face looked confused at the commotion, which only made me want to protect him more. So when she finally turned around she whispered the " b" word to her friend loud enough for me to hear.

I can't believe that even happened, my heart is still beating fast. Wow!

8 comments:

  1. what a horrible person!!! How can someone be so mean about an adorable little one playing with a rattle and being all squeally and happy?? I'm sorry that you had to deal with such an unhappy, unpleasant woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh you're a better person than I. Good for you for saying something though. What a dumb broad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is beating fast for you! Some people are so ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's awful! I can't believe she said that to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm, was she not paying attention to the obviously amazing relationship right in front of her?!?!?! Disgusting! What makes different people look at the same thing and see things so differently? It is like she is from another planet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. People are so crazy! It always shocks me what people feel they have the right to say and do when it comes to children. Someone told me yesterday that I should really raise my child without a sexual identity so he could choose for himself. Really? I just gave her a blank stare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a much stronger person than I am! I would have decked her if I heard her saying the "B" word about me to her friend. If anything, she is the "B"! I have gotten dirty looks from people when we are out and my little man squeals happily, but no one has ever said anything! I just can't understand people. Obviously she has never had children...

    ReplyDelete