Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Welcome to the world baby Aden


Here's Kaysie so happy just minutes before Aden arrived!
Getting ready to push! By the way, isn't she the most beautiful laboring momma you have ever seen?!?
My cousin's husband, John so excited to finally see their sweet boy!
They both could hardly contain themselves, and me too! Excitement was definitely in the air!
He's here, after only two pushes and two contractions! Amazing amazing amazing!  We had the same OB and our rooms shared a wall, I like to think that our baby's will have the same special connection that Kaysie and I grew up having and continue to have.  Our bond is like the bond of two sisters.  No matter where we physically live, whether its five miles away or thousands of miles away there has not been a day that's gone by that I don't think of her.   When I was pregnant with Sully we walked almost every morning and had therapeutic talks about anything that came to mind.  We talked and dreamed together that she would get pregnant soon and how tried to imagine how amazing that would be.  One week before Sully was born Kaysie and John moved to Sierra Leone.  Just a couple weeks later Kaysie called really early in the morning and told me to get on Skype, she and John where there and broke the news that Sully was going to have a cousin.  My heart nearly exploded with joy!  Two years ago today Kaysie stood beside me while I married the man of my dreams, and today I stood by her while she brought a beautiful baby boy into the world.  I am beyond blessed for being able to witness a true miracle today.  Thank you Kaysie and John for letting me be a part of this special moment.  A moment that I will never ever forget.  I love all THREE of you!

~Megan


1 comment: