Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Farmer's Market

Today our little family of three ventured to the local farmer's market.  We found lots of yummy food.


We got pasteurized eggs, spring lettuce, kale(for kale chips), and green onions which we put on the grill whole.  


These adorable strawberries were so so so sweet!

Wow those sugar snap peas were amazing on top of our salad for dinner.  My husband, Arty marinated some grass fed flank steak beef that we purchased at the market in a bag three limes, with salt, pepper, turmeric, olive oil, and garlic powder.  We put that on the grill along with mushrooms, the green onions that we got at the market, and some sliced cabbage.  I totally suggest going to a local farmer's market if you can to get fresh ingredients because the flavor is so much better.  I hope you all are having a wonderful Saturday!

~Megan



2 comments:

  1. I am jealous! I bet those eggs were pastured which are healthy and taste better too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snap peas! Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete